Read this site in your own language
At Riverside you can learn English more quickly than you might think.
This is how we do it:
- All classes are taught by professional ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) teachers
- We have classes for students at beginning, low intermediate and high intermediate levels. Classes are 5 days a week, from 9am to 3pm
- We focus on speaking and listening skills
- Courses include computer instruction and practice and world-of-work preparation
- The emphasis in class is on using language rather than theoretical knowledge
- Most classes have approximately 20 students
- Each class lasts six weeks
- Certificates are awarded after each class
After each six-week class, students may move on to another class at the next level, but continuation is not automatic. Continuation depends upon several factors, including the student's level of English proficiency and the teacher's assessment of the student's progress.
Graduation day, mid-summer 2015. Our students celebrate their success with the flags of their home countries in front of the flag of their new country.
One of our students hard at work in our computer lab.
Copyright 2017 Riverside Language Program • 270 West 89th Street • New York • NY • 10024 • A 501c3 nonprofit organization